The West Somerset Food Cupboard is currently looking for a Treasurer to join its board of friendly and enthusiastic trustees.
We welcome all applications but are particularly interested in hearing from individuals who have experience in a treasurer role and/or finance/accountancy skills.
More About the Treasurer’s Role
- Estimated time commitment – Up to 5 hours per week on average
- Responsible to The Trustee Board
This role involves
- Providing general financial oversight of all West Somerset Food Cupboard activities
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial reporting (to trustees, funders and Charity Commission as required)
- Online banking, book-keeping and record-keeping
- Management of Gift Aided donation
- volunteer out-of-pocket expenses
- Ensuring that donors are thanked appropriately and in a timely manner
- Control of fixed assets
- Attending trustee meetings and liaising with staff and trustees as needed
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and with any conditions set by funding bodies
- Fulfilling the role of trustee also
- Experience of charity treasurer role desirable
- Experience of online banking essential
- Understanding of Gift Aid procedures essential
- Financial integrity essential
What you will get from this role
- Being part of a motivated and enthusiastic team
- Meeting new people within your community
- Making a difference
- Building on skills and experience within a supportive environment
- Out-of-pocket expenses as agreed
Safety, health and environment
The WSFC is committed to high standards of safety, caring for the health of everyone on the team and being proactive regarding environmental responsibility. All trustees, volunteers and staff are expected to take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of those around them by following agreed procedures and guidelines and by reporting any hazards, near misses or accidents to the co-ordinator or another trustee. We share responsibility for reducing waste and operating in as environmentally friendly manner as possible.
The WSFC is committed to safeguarding the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all trustees, volunteers and staff to share this commitment and comply with the Safeguarding policy.
The WSFC is committed to the safe handling of data and expects all trustees, volunteers and staff to comply with the GDPR policy.
The WSFC is committed to providing emergency food for those in need without prejudice, and to developing and promoting projects and activities that promote food resilience with kindness and compassion. All trustees, volunteers and staff share these values.